03 Oct Butter Mafia, Northcote
Admittedly, I haven’t delved too far into the realm of gluten free products, but the gluten free sweets that I have tried are rarely as enjoyable as the regular version. Butter Mafia’s mission is to correct that discrepancy – to create handcrafted desserts are 100% gluten free, and so delicious that others might not notice (or care!) that they are.
Their menu currently consists of Henchmen Cookies – large, flat and chewy Peanut Butter and Choc Chunk cookies that have a great balance of salty and sweet – and their very photogenic Dessert Bars. If you can’t resist trying all the flavours, the Mob Box comes with all six:
- Mob Wife – Raspberry Pate Layer on Decadent Chocolate Mud
- The Mistress – Tangy Lemon and Passionfruit Curd Baked on Vanilla Biscuit
- Bad Boy Brownies – Choc Chunks and Roasted Almonds in a Fudgy Brownie
- Black Widow – Dark Chocolate and Coffee Caramel on a Black Velvet Brownie
- Mafia Darling – White Chocolate and Pink Salted Caramel on Vanilla Biscuit
- The Don – Dark Chocolate Ganache, Roasted Hazelnuts in Caramel on a Chewy Choc Biscuit.
As a fan of coffee-flavoured desserts, my favourite of the dessert bars was Black Widow, and after trying them all I can happily report that it’s difficult to tell these sinful treats are gluten free.
Orders can be made online from their website, with Melbourne-wide delivery (free if within 5km of Northcote).