02 Sep Naked For Satan, Fitzroy Take 2
– Pissaladiere: onions, anchovy and olive.
– Tuna, Egg Whites, Anchovy and Pickled Chilli
– Cauliflower, Manouri Cheese & Garlic Prawn
– Eggplant Chip w. Cream Cheese
– Smoked Chicken w. Corn Relish
– Tortilla w. Aioli
– Carrot w. Garlic-Fried Mushrooms
Examples of the pintxos I didn’t try:
– Grilled veg salad and balsamic
– Jamon serrano
– Spicy sopressa
– Chocolate cannoli
– Gilda: olives, picked chillies and anchovy
– Smoked chilli mussel w. chickpea (looked very similar to the octopus one I tried last time)
– Wine poached pear w. feta, marscapone cheese and walnuts.
There were a couple of pinxtos that were the same as on my previous visit, such as the chocolate truffle, calamari w. squid ink risoni and smoked trout w. cornichon and onion.
Pissaladiere: onions, anchovy and olive. The onions were sweet and tender and the anchovy gave it a pleasant salt and flavour hit.
Tuna, Egg Whites, Anchovy and Pickled Chilli. I didn’t realise the tuna was a mixture with mayo, like what’s commonly found in tuna sandwiches. If I’d known I probably wouldn’t have picked it. Although the anchovy did make it taste better. The egg whites were interesting, but it was a bit unfortunate that I couldn’t try all the ingredients together because of the spread and size.
Cauliflower, Manouri Cheese & Garlic Prawn.
Eggplant Chip w. Cream Cheese. The eggplant chip was still crispy, though when I arrived the plate was nearly full so maybe they were fresh. I did think the cream cheese was a bit sweet so I didn’t eat much of it.
Smoked Chicken w. Corn Relish. The chicken was quite nice, not overcooked, and the relish had some grainy mustard
Tortilla (potatoes, onion and egg) w. Aioli. A little bland and could have done with a bit more salt. It was still moist though, and the egg was similar to what’s in quiche.
Carrot w. Garlic-Fried Mushrooms. I couldn’t really taste the garlic.
All the pinxtos were OK, but the only one I was particularly impressed with was the pissaladiere (I went back for seconds). Unfortunately the staff didn’t come out with any hot pinxtos while I was there.
Naked For Satan
285 Brunswick St
Fitzroy, VIC, 3065